Monday, November 15, 2010

Screw You!

Everyone likes Choices.
Telemarketers give us 'choices', we can:
  • play along if we are bored
  • allow them to get under our skin and shout at them
  • a referrees whistle by the phone is a very good deterrent but I'm not sure if you can get into trouble or not.
  • you pretend you're a detective on a crime scene and want to know why they rang the 'deceased'?
My bitch of a boss gave me a choice last week. I can move out of my office that I currently share with P3, quite harmoniously I might add, and move into the larger office with B1 & B2, or, I can piss off to look for employment elsewhere.
"Why is the move required?" I ask.
"Because we need to use the space in the Larger Office more efficiently. B2 requires some help with a deal she is working on. And sometimes a little bit of change is a good thing." I am told.
To paraphrase: "You are nothing more than a bad smell and I sense you are little too comfortable where you are sitting at the moment, so Screw You! I am going to make you B2s whore!"
I am now going to mention that the boss doesn't call her B2. That is me calling her B2 instead of what the boss calls her. A fact that most will find bleedingly obvious, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
As you can imagine my weekend was rather sombre. I had my brave face on for the kids but after they went to bed I was in a full blown mood.
My take on Depression is you can be sitting there watching some damn fine comedy on TV and not even be able to crack a smile. I could still friggen recognise it though. The comedy I mean.
But theres just a numbness like your waiting for something.
Maybe its just waiting for someone else to do something for you. I know I feel like that from time to time.
I'm waiting for someone to ring me up and tell me the thing at work is a mistake and I dont have to spend the next 'X' number of years not wanting to get out of bed, or out of the shower, or out of the house!

The really dissappointing thing. I have been there already and fought like hell to get my self out of it. But that was in the job I'm doing now.
A job and location that I at least enjoy part of the time..........

1 comment:

  1. I had a rather large screwing over by the "boss" this week too. Good times. BTW, love your paraphrasing skills.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete